The potential benefits of having a telehealth consultation:
- Reduces the waiting time to see a specialist or other distant service
- Avoids the need to travel to the specialist or distant service
- Assists local health services in looking after a patient
The potential risks of having a telehealth consultation:
- A video consultation will not be exactly the same, and may not be as complete as a face-to face service
- There could be some technical problems that affect the video visit
- This health care service uses systems that meet recommended standards to protect the privacy and security of the video visits. However, the service cannot guarantee total protection against hacking or tapping into the video visit by outsiders. This risk is small, but it does exist.
If the video visit does not achieve everything that is needed, then I will be given a choice about what to do next. This could include a follow up face-to-face visit, or a second video visit.
I can change my mind and stop using video consultations at any time, including in the middle of a video visit. This will not make any difference to my right to ask for and receive health care.
I have read the above information and understand that I might not receive all of the potential benefits of a telehealth consultation. I understand the potential risks involved and agree to proceed with a telehealth consultation.