Video / Phone Consultation Consent
The potential benefits of having a video / phone consultation:
- Reduces the waiting time to see a specialist or other distant service
- Avoids the need to travel to the specialist or distant service
- Assists local health services in looking after a patient
The potential risks of having a video / phone consultation:
- A video or phone consultation will not be exactly the same, and may not be as complete as a face-to face service
- There could be some technical problems that affect the video / phone consultation
- CALIBRE Clinic uses systems that meet recommended standards to protect the privacy and security of the video consultations. However, the service cannot guarantee total protection against hacking or tapping into the video consultations by outsiders. This risk is small, but it does exist.
If the video / phone consultation does not achieve everything that is needed, then I will be given a choice about what to do next. This could include a follow up face-to-face visit, or a second video / phone consultation.
I can change my mind and stop using video consultations at any time, including in the middle of a video consultation.
I have read the above information and understand that I might not receive all of the potential benefits of a video / phone consultation. I understand the potential risks involved and agree to proceed with a video / phone consultation.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row]